Wednesday 29 October 2014

Experiment 1 - Day 6

Today I had a sort of laid back day. I didn't have anything important to do but I had a few small tasks I had to do which I felt slightly anxious about.

I first of all had to do food shopping and I forgot to bring a list with me of what I needed to get. This sounds like a very minor thing but I got anxious but more stressed about whether I needed the items I was buying or not as I make myself a meal plan for each day and I didn't want to waste my money. I bought a few of the wrong things but nothing major so I used the technique of taking deep breaths to cool down and it wasn't long until I felt fine again.
From this I've learnt that taking deep breaths really helps for when I am feeling slightly anxious rather than when I have severe feelings of anxiety.

Later on I was trying to edit the videos I had recorded to start off my YouTube channel but my video file was in the wrong format and I couldn't find a converter that would convert a .MOV file to .MP4 that was over 100MB so that made me feel anxious as I had a deadline to meet. So I tried using the technique to feel less anxious about the problem and once I had calmed down and had a break I went back to work.
Eventually I found my own method of getting the video on to my computer and into the format I needed (posted it privately to YouTube off my phone and downloaded it).

Overall, I had a relaxed day but deadlines were making me feel anxious. The technique of taking deep breaths definitely made a difference for me today and helped me finish my work in time.

I have now uploaded my introduction video to my channel. If anybody is interested in viewing it I will put the link here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykPewD1aP0
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that my work is helpful to those in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment