Tuesday 28 October 2014

Experiment 1 - Day 5

Whilst writing today's post I am actually feeling very anxious and unwell so I'm going to try and make it short.

Today I had work and a meal with a few friends and someone I have not seen for a long time so I felt quite anxious throughout the day. From today I found myself feeling nervous about taking deep breaths in public and around people I know because it is an obvious thing. After using the technique a few times I found people questioning if I was sighing because it is similar to taking a deep breath.

I had my first review in work today and I found myself trying to silently take deep breaths whilst my manager was speaking so I didn't seem rude. The review went well but it was the fact I had to sit in silence and hear about my own performance or myself in general that was making me feel anxious.

Later on when I went for the meal, two people we're very late and one person had to leave early anyway. I was getting anxious and starting to feel like plans were falling apart and I had to focus on my breathing for a while to try and keep myself together. Fortunately the people I was with at the time are very understanding of the issues I get with anxiety but one of the people we were waiting for doesn't know about it at all so I wanted to pull myself together before she arrived. It took a while but eventually by taking deep breaths and having people there with me I was able to get back to my normal state before others arrived.

Overall I feel that the technique had a bigger impact on me than yesterday and it is still making a difference. However if you are considering using this technique I would take into consideration that it isn't always effective like what I experienced yesterday.

I will not be posting my YouTube link today as I am still in the process of editing my first video (it's currently way too long). Hopefully by tomorrow the video will be up and I'll be able to add in a link to my blog post.

Thank you for reading and I hope there's been so helpful information for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment