Saturday 25 October 2014

Experiment 1 - Day 2

Taking deep breaths


On day 2 of the experiment I still seem to have the same experiences. I have felt less anxious today so haven't needed to take as many deep breaths so this means I haven't needed to drink as much water but I have needed to use lip balm to prevent anymore cracking on the lips.

I feel this may be biased in the sense that it is autumn so the cold whether can cause a dry mouth and make you need more water however I do believe taking these deep breaths has been part of the reasoning for having a dry mouth.

In terms of anxiety it has still helped and has made me feel better but I've noticed that this is only a short-term solution for when I'm anxious. Shortly after using this technique I find myself needing to use it again because I only feel calm for a few minutes and then the affects of it wares off.

I'll continue to use this technique and see the affects of this for the next few weeks in different environments to see if that makes a difference to the dry mouth.

Unfortunately there will be no video diary (even though this is only the second day) as I've been in work all day and then I had to do college work as well so I've been very busy!

Thanks for reading and tune in tomorrow to see an update on the first experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment