Friday 7 November 2014

Update and My Summer

I just wanted to update everyone about my situation from the past few days.
I've been very ill so I've been spending my time in bed either sleeping or trying to sleep so not much has been happening in terms of experiments. There have been a few cases I've tried to use the method for experiment 2 but there isn't much to say.
Due to this I have decided I will be carrying out the experiment for two weeks and I will do a summary at the end of week 1 to let people know how I've got on.

To give people something to read I'm going to take a blog post I made on my other blog a while ago about what I did this summer. I think it's an interesting blog post as I did a lot of thing I have never done before and never thought I would do so I took a big step out of comfort zone. There were some good parts and bad parts this summer and there's also some pictures to go with it.
(If you would like to see my reviews & photography blog the link is: http://bandupdateswb.wordpress.com)

First I’d like to summarise what I’ve been doing recently before going into detail on the post subject. I have been mentored (and continue to be) by my mentor, Ben. He works for ACCA and has been such a great help to me in terms of giving me advice and pushing me to set myself goals so I can achieve what I want. So I’m saying thank you to him and taking the time out of his day to see me and help me improve so many things. I’d honestly suggest him as a mentor to anyone who needs one in South Wales because he’s been the biggest help I’ve had in ages and just genuinely great to have a conversation with.
Also I worked in the operations support department (basically a human resourcing department but for just the site I was located) for Lloyd’s Banking for 6 weeks which was an amazing experience for me since I want to go into business. I met a variety of interesting people and I got to find out what they do and how they make a difference. I was amazed how such a small building can have so much work and it really gave me some realisation to what it’s like in a job that’s within the industry I want to be apart of. Obviously I can’t tell you much about this experience because the majority of it is confidential – sorry. But I feel really lucky I got this chance and for anyone who wants a job in the business industry I highly suggest doing an internship. The team I worked with was great and they even gave me a card and present (unfortunately that’s been eaten now.. oops) as a thank you!
DIGITAL CAMERA DIGITAL CAMERA
Now on to the the really interesting stuff! 
This year I went to Reading Festival and I must say I had my ups and downs. On the up-side there were loads of bands I got to see that I LOVE and there we’re lots of exclusive songs! The festival side of reading was really fun and the crowds we’re so enthusiastic it made me feel so happy because I love the environment at gigs so I was glad I got a lot of that. Also I liked that not only did you see a few bands but a lot of bands. Each day there were at least 5 bands (with 1 hour sets) that I wanted to see so I was pretty much in my utopia. Then you get a wristband at the festival which you keep at the end which I will never take off! (except maybe for showering). Unfortunately I didn’t get to take too many photos apart from when I was sitting and listening to bands because I didn’t want to loose it in the crowd.
DIGITAL CAMERA DIGITAL CAMERA DIGITAL CAMERA DIGITAL CAMERA

photo 1(1) photo 2
However there are some downsides to Reading Festival and for me that would be the camping. When I arrived at Reading it was absolutely packed and it was only mid-day. My friend and I ended up having to shove our tent on the edge of a path because there wasn’t anywhere else to pitch it which was frustrating. This meant that there was kicking. Lots and lots of kicking. People were tripping over our tent and falling on our tent (because they were drunk… EVEN IF THEY WERE 14). After the first night our 4 man tent had already broken on the outside and by the second night the zips had broken so we had to go buy another tent from the local supermarket. All night there we’re drunk kids running everywhere screaming even though the music and attractions close at midnight. When I looked outside the tent to see what the noise was I saw it was mostly kids that had been drinking under-age which I found shocking as I wasn’t drinking and I’m 18. Luckily our tent neighbours were 18 and sensible with drinking… The only other negative thing I have to say about Reading was that they created a queue system to get back into the festival. There was a Tesco nearby which lots of people went to so they could get cheaper food and alcohol. However they had a created a queue system that if you didn’t cut into (which I did) then it would take you over an hour to get back in which could then mean you end up missing an act you want to see and there wasn’t even a reason for this system!
So if you set aside the camping side of reading, the loud children and queue’s it’s actually a great event with a variety of music. There’s lots of ways of avoiding these negatives however I turned up when there we’re barely any spaces and I went into the field (purple – for personal reference) where the kids set up rather than orange where older people set up so it was quieter.
Here’s a list of the bands I saw on each day;
FRIDAY:
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Paramore
  • Enter Shikari
  • Jimmy Eat World
  • Gerard Way (debut exclusive)
  • Deaf Havana
SATURDAY:
  • Arctic Monkey’s 
  • Imagine Dragon’s
  • Foster the people
  • The Hives
  • Of Mice and Men
  • Band of Skulls
  • Wolf Alice
  • Beardyman
SUNDAY:
  • Blink 182
  • You Me at Six (My 3rd time seeing them live!)
  • A Day to Remember – as a side note this was the best gig out of them all and Jeremy is an amazing performer!
  • Sleeping with Sirens
  • Papa Roach
  • Tonight Alive
  • Jungle – You should check them out! Not very well known
Here’s a picture of all the acts that were at reading so you can see the variety of acts (because I went to see more alternative acts)
reading line up
Overall I think this is a great weekend and if you love music (and alcohol) then you will love this event. However if you’re camping there over the weekend I suggest getting an Early-bird ticket. It definitely seems worth the money.
Thanks for reading my post! I hope there was some helpful information from my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment